Sunday, May 8, 2011

Wedmin

In a week of catching up I've been asked about wedmin, inevitably, a couple of times every day.

The good news for me and TLOML is that wedmin is being kept to an absolute minimum. The venue was so obvious it chose itself and took a couple of emails to book. We've decided to put off tackling the oversized guestllist for as long as possible (and since we're not getting married till July 2012 that's some way off).

The only other biggie, the kind of thing people can really get exercised about because apparently it takes months, is the wedding dress.

On that, I really got lucky. On a sunny Easter Sunday wander down the High Line into SoHo, TLOML and I saw an interesting looking vintage shop I mused that might be worth a second look one day when he wasn't around. 'Come on', he said, 'We're here, why not look now. And hey, that dress in the window's kind of cool, isn't it?'

So in we went. And that dress in the window was more than cool: it is glamourous, fits like a glove and was 20% off for one day only. Reader, I bought it.
My dress is the one that's missing. If you look closely you can see it in the blue plastic bag I'm holding in the reflection

One more thing to tick off in my bridal planner. Will have to get one first, but once I have, I will tick off 'buy dress'. Hurrah!

It's not like this...

...or this...

...or this.


The slightly lame thing about all of this is that pretty much my favourite thing about the dress is the story of the dress. How jolly fabulous to be able to say 'Oh, I just picked it up in a vintage shop in SoHo, you know...'. This smug feeling's going to last a long long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment