Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The coming together of all that clobber

This was my fourth move in two-and-a-half years. You'd think I'd be used to it by now. But I am still stunned - and stalled - by the sheer amount of stuff.

And this time, there's even more stuff than ever.

We started with the stuff from the squat.
 
Then we picked up some pieces of furniture that had been out on loan since I left London.
And the hardworking removal men cleared out my storage unit.
This filled our living room entirely.
The next day, a lorry the size of the Titanic delivered all our belongings from the Rabbit Hutch. We now have boxes stacked against every wall, in every room.

It's strange how the contents of 2 small 1 bedroom flats (my old London one and the Rabbit Hutch) don't seem to fit into a large 2 bedroom flat. It's as if we're trying to defy some fundamental law of physics.

Thank goodness the foxes cleared out of that cellar. I think we're going to need it...

No comments:

Post a Comment