Monday, January 7, 2013

Bump Size Matters

I know it matters, because the midwife gets a tape measure out  - occasionally to declare it 'too small' - every time I see her. Presumably she's not just doing it for shits and giggles.

I know bump size matters, too, because it's the reason I can no longer wear most of my baggy, pre-pregnancy jumpers. It's pure maternity wear from here on in.

But there are a couple of unexpected consequences from wearing a bump that's measuring on the small side of 8 months:

1. Getting through the slightly annoying half-width door into the Fox Corner loo is increasingly difficult.

2. On the plus side, it makes an excellent resting place for a wine glass or perhaps a tumbler of extremely weak gin and tonic.
(Yes, I know, it looks way bigger when I sit down).

No comments:

Post a Comment