Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Musings from an empty Sugar Cube

Our guests flew out a couple of days ago, and I have a little time on my hands to reflect on their visit. Questions flit across my mind like the dragonfly hovering over our fishpond.

Questions like did we show them everything the South Bay has to offer? We went to beach in Hermosa about a dozen times. But we never made it to Redondo Beach to enjoy the pretty views of Ranchos Palos Verdes. Or to MB Post, for maple bacon cheese biscuits (no, I'm not making those up). Ah well, I suppose that's a good reason to tempt them back.

Were we too smug? All walks were punctuated with 'Isn't it lovely here?' Drinks and eats out and about were commented on with 'The service here is always so friendly'. And every morning we announced, as proudly as if we invented it, 'It's going to be another gorgeous sunny day'. We may have laid it on a little thick.

And from my hazy memories of our trip to Vegas, I am puzzling over a couple of other, more pressing issues. Like why are these people buying oxygen?
And, is it art? 
Answers on a postcard please.

No comments:

Post a Comment